The WA Department of Water has authorised ADIA to manage the examination process, as well as to issue and renew waterwell drilling licences on its behalf. As this activity requires significant ADIA resources to carry out, membership of our association is a requirement for holding a WA licence.

Please note that the regulation and management of groundwater aquifers and water bore construction licences remains under the jurisdiction of Department of Water. Note too, that a waterwell drilling licence is different from a construction licence. Land owners in WA therefore need to apply to the Department of Water for a water bore licence or permit.

For information on waterwell licences in other states, or general waterwell licensing information, please follow this link.

Please contact ADIA office for:

  • New licence applications
  • Licence renewals
  • Licence upgrades
  • Interstate licence transfers
  • Reference books – We have useful resources for the drilling of water bores which cover things you need to know from the design and planning stage, through to the drilling process and completion bore testing.

Phone: (08) 6305 0466